Baseball America 2019 prospect rankings

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Baseball America 2019 prospect rankings

This topic contains 60 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 51 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cubs generally seem to be considered in the bottom tier of farm systems in MLB.

(The Red Sox and Yankees were also shut out of this new top 100.)

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Free

The Yankees always seem to have prospects that teams want even when their players are not ranked that highly.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not that MLB rankings are very credible but…. San Diego has 10 in the first 92 of their top prospects, 4 of the top 10 LHPs. So the rumors of them looking at Machado and Harper may have some merit. Even if half of their top 10 work out with some success or more, it looks they may need a headliner for their rebuilding very young team.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Just to clarify, BA first announced this same top 30 on January 1 (see page 1 of this thread), but perhaps non-subscribers could only see the top 10. I am not sure about that, though.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/teams/1019/st-louis-cardinals/organizational/?year=2019

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I believe they just announced the top 10 on Jan. 1. BA made the top 30 available online for the first time today.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just received my BA Prospect handbook yesterday. It’s about the 8th or 9th year in a row I have one. Sometimes it is interesting to go back and see a player you missed, or was a late bloomer. For example, I think I looked up Mikolas when he was with the Rangers.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, I have each year’s BA Prospect Handbook in my bookcase, too, for reference. Though I use them much less than I used to. (I don’t ever buy the BP Annual, though.)

Derek, thank you for the clarification and the full list. I don’t have a major concern with it. I do have the outfielders in the 11-20 range in a different order from them. They are not high on Baker, but we shall see…

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by Brian Walton Brian Walton.
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Milb ranks Cards farm system 12th. Perhaps a little higher than most analysts.

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/farm-system-rankings-overall-20-11/c-304727346

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

(Please move the discussion just above to the MiLB ranking thread. Thanks.)

Viewing 11 posts - 51 through 61 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years