Albert Pujols

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Albert Pujols

This topic contains 102 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by stlcard25 stlcard25 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 101 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Interesting Pugs. In terms of stats, Albert was the better player. But I am not sure how much Albert contributed to a team beyond the lines. He certainly contributed a lot on the field, so even if he was neutral as far as the intangibles, he did a lot to contribute to winning ball games.

Pete probably did as much to win games beyond the stat line as any player in history. He has some character flaws, but he was a winner during his playing career. He was a prime contributor to what I consider the greatest National League teams to ever play the game, the 1975-76 Cincinnati Reds.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I dunno about this comp. Rose won one MVP, had one second, two fourths and a fifth. That is five top five finishes.

Albert has three MVPs, four seconds (thanks to Bonds), a third, fourth and fifth. That is 10 top five finishes. Doesn’t look all that close to me.

It would be interesting to see their comparable team W-L records as a player.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Albert was a clunky foot and the advent of the shift away from being possibly the greatest right handed hitter this side of Hank Aaron. Rose was great, but like Brian, the comparison isn’t all that close.

Viewing 3 posts - 101 through 103 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years