2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

#3 – Nolan Gorman

14NyquisT
    Participant

#3. Knizner. Fast tracked through the organization and now at Memphis for the PCL Championship series. He hit .313 at Springfield(AA) in 281 ABs. Raised it to .315 at Memphis (54 ABs) and has shown great plate discipline with a combined .144 K/rate. Only needs to brush up some defensive skills, which he has made great strides at, and added power will come with growth.

I’m very impressed with the support for Gorman, but Kniz is already at the doorstep to Busch and has passed a very good Carson Kelly as our best catching prospect with a higher upside.

lrcardinal
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

#3 Andrew Knizner
    I agree with 14Nyquist wholeheartedly.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Pads…..With all due respect, it has been an unwritten understanding that if a participant votes for a player, let’s say in the 2nd round and that player isn’t the winner, that player should be the participant’s selection in the 3rd round versus selecting a different player.

Case in point, Grenadier1 voted for O’Neill in the 2nd round and then selected Gorman in round 3, even though O’Neill didn’t win as #2. It would be reasonable to believe that Gren1 has O’Neill ahead of Gorman.

I see there are a number of new participants in this process which is super! I just thought that this year’s voting would be the same as past years.

Maybe Pads would like to further clarify.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Nyquis, I have never known that to be the understanding. People change their votes for a number of reasons. One of the reasons for the discussion here is to become more informed. Becoming more informed might lead to a changed vote. The realization your guy might not win and you dont want to waste your vote might also lead to a changed vote. So might performance of those still playing. Maybe you change because the wind is blowing a different direction! I try to be consistent with my votes but I am not always. But even with that.I dont think it is my place to tell someone else they cant change their vote.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Knizner at 3 for me. IMO, he’s beyond ‘can’t miss’. He’s more like an ‘almost ready’ prospect who has establshed a pretty high ceiling for himself.

Wiley
    Participant

Free

There are maybe .01% absolutes in baseball prospecting Nyquist. I think we all reserve the right to change our minds on a player based on what one of the other people say in promotion of his talents. There are certain people on here whose opinions I respect a lot and who can sway my judgement of certain players. Not often, but sometimes.

Having said that, I’ll go with the man who has 40 potential and plays strong defence;

# 3 Tyler O’Neill

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#3 Gorman

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#3 O’Neill

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He was a rock solid #1 selection, a bonifide dandy at #2 and an absolute steal af #3…..ladies & gentlemen….I give you Malcolm Yaniel Nunez.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The voting for #3 is a three-man race.

Gorman – 6 votes
    O’Neil – 6 votes
    Knizner – 4 votes

Plus we’ve had 23 or so posters partaking in this process. That’s awesome!

Bob Cobb
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My vote is for O’Neill at #3.

Its hard to go against a potential .248 Avg, 25-30 HRs a year, 15 SBs and great outfield defense.
    And that potential is not far away, but right upon us.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#3 is O’Neill for me.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Related to Ty, Robert? He’s one of my top 5 all-time favorite players:

1. Ty Cobb
    2. Dick Allen
    3. Tommy Herr
    4. Bobby Coluccio
    5. George Hendrick

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The only reason I’m not voting for O’Neal is because I think he’ll fall off the list.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neal #3

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Reading 14NyquisT’s post above it seems that O’Neill is my selection at #3, though Gorman is #3 on personal list. I think I understand the voting system now. My apologies.

PadsFS
    Participant

BlackHillsCard

The voting for #3 is a three-man race.

Gorman – 6 votes
    O’Neil – 6 votes
    Knizner – 4 votes

Plus we’ve had 23 or so posters partaking in this process. That’s awesome!

Very good to see!

I have the votes at 10 for O’Neill and 5 for Gorman now after the wave of final tallies for O’Neill came in and the changed vote from grenadier1.

I will keep the vote open for a little bit for some of our newer voters – jungmh323, Michael Dusablon, Robert, not to be confused with Robert Cobb, semocardsfan21, and Dennis Johnson perhaps!

PadsFS
    Participant

I’m excited for O’Neill to fall off the vote personally so we can get to the meat of the vote. O’Neill has 111 at-bats so only 19 to go to get removed from the vote altogether with 18 games left in the season.

PadsFS
    Participant

grenadier1, generally speaking, the voting is open to anyone and is to be taken pretty casual. If you or anyone else has anything inciteful to add about a player or a justification, then jotting it down is helpful to the rest of the group.

I would still have Carson Kelly ahead of Andrew Knizner right now, but it doesn’t look like others’ feel the same way. That’s interesting to me.

PadsFS
    Participant

Just a reminder or clarification, the voting process is the same as the last year or two with the first 5 being picked as a one-off vote and then we start listing 5 at a time.

I only take the older votes that don’t carry over in the event of a tie that can’t be broken via the current batch of voters.

I am okay to keep it as a one-off through 10 if you all want as well. It’s not set in stone or anything. Five-at-a-time (weighted of course) makes it far easier to get through the list in time for Brian’s end-of-the-year prospect countdown as well as generally beating the trading period.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think voting one at a time for the first ten might be interesting. Whatever is decided, I have most of my 50 already picked.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I favor going one at a time through #10

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think there’s a pretty clear separation between the first 7-8, with a lot more parity after. So I’d be good with single votes up to 10.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Just to point out how we shouldn’t take ourselves too seriously here, I was looking at last years thread and a respected and regular poster was talking about our outfield depth. When talking about how good they were defensively, he labled Bader the worst of the bunch! Oh how opinions can change!

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 737 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.