2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Viewing 25 posts - 626 through 650 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I suggest when we get to 75 we do one final vote for 76-100. People list there votes in order much as we are doing now. Those whise lists dont go to a 100 or dont feel comfortable going that deep can put as many or as few on their list as they feel comfortable ranking (even if it is only 2-3 more beyond 75).

Just my opinion

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great idea (wish I had thought of that), Carioca!!

14NyquisT
    Participant

CC wrote:

I just want to say how enjoyable this year’s thread has been. Outstanding participation, great diversity of opinion, everyone respectful of others opinions.

I agree with CC. This is a very good group of participants.

How about the community selecting the minor league Player Of the Year, Pitcher OY, Reliever OY, Rookie OY, Most Improved POY, most disappointing? Maybe some would include other categories. What do you think? I, for one, would like to see the results.

We don’t have to go overboard.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In my opinion, Thomas is player of the year, and if there was a comeback player he would be it.

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Not a bad idea at all Nyquist, however, since we are dealing with a prospect ranking theme, I would suggest we do something more like this;

1. Top rookie prospect
    2. Top pitching/position/catching prospect
    3. Prospect with the most potential
    4. Most improved prospect in 2018
    5. 2019 Breakout player
    6. Surprise Prospect of the Year
    7. Most under-rated Prospect

I’d stay away from the negative ones like; Most Over-rated or Biggest Flop….things like that.

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Now you’re talking CC, it might be easy for some of us to go to 100, but probably others haven’t thought that far ahead and we can’t force this on Pads to judge either. So either you or I will have to score them. It would be interesting to see who makes next years main list of prospects.

UncleDenny
    Participant

66 Bryan Dobzanski
    67 Irving Lopez
    68 Carlos Soto
    69 Adanson Cruz
    70 Wadye Ynfante

Wiley
    Participant

Free

The following players were eligible to be voted into last year’s top 65, but weren’t. This year they developed at a high enough rate that they made this year’s top 40;
    #12 – Lane Thomas
    #23 – Ivan Herrera
    #33 – Leandro Cedeno
    #39 – Jake Walsh
    #40 – Alex Fagalde

Others in the top 65 include Victor Garcia, Yariel Gonzalez, Carlos Solar, Angel Rondon & Wil Latcham. Would they all have made our top 100? I think so.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

66. Austin Warner
    67. Andrew Warner
    68. Wadye Ynfante. He appeared to be a fast riser after last year, but had a bit of an off year at State College this year. It is a tough hitting environment, to be fair.
    69. Anthony Shew
    70. Kramer Robertson

PadsFS
    Participant

I’m of course game for any of this Wiley! I enjoy it

14NyquisT
    Participant

Wiley, we can go with your list (add Reliever Of the Year). I would start it now before some drop out.
    Either you, Pads or I can run it. Let us know.

Reminder: the Community prospect list can be found on page 1 of this topic. Pads keeps it up to date.

COPY AND PASTE
    1. Top Position player
    2. Top Pitcher
    3. Top Reliever
    4. Top catcher
    5. Most potential
    6. Most improved
    7. Breakout player
    8. Biggest surprise
    9. Most underrated
    10. **Prospect Of the Year**

14NyquisT
    Participant

I can go to 75 with the players that I’ve researched and rated. 76-100 would be a stretch for me, but I’m all in. Just do it.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great ideas by all! It appears most of us will somehow/some way summon up the stamina to finally reach that coveted 100 plateau. This year’s Top Prospect voting has indeed gone off without a hitch. So much so that you cannot help but feel a sort of brothership with your fellow participants. I’m tempted to rip a page straight out of NATO’s handbook….the part where if one member is attacked by an outsider then all others race to their defense with all guns a blazing. Matter of fact, I think that’s a great idea and will act accordingly if some troll waltzes in here and goes on the offensive vs any of the following brothers:

Brother Wiley
    Brother Nyquist
    Brother BlackHills
    Brother Dennis Johnson
    Brother Cardinals27
    Brother Stlcard25
    Brother Carioca
    Brother Pads
    Brother Jags
    Brother Bw52
    Brother VegasJim
    Brother Bobby Reed
    Brother Flood21
    Brother Grenadier
    Brother DesMet
    Brother Sooner
    Brother Mudville
    Brother Brian
    Brother Bob/Robert Cobb

Wiley
    Participant

Free

I would not steal your thunder Brother Nyquist. LOL! You can run the post since it was you who hit that idea out of the park. I would wait until we are done with this post though, just so people don’t forget and miss out. Plus, it stretches out our Cardinal geekdom even longer.

Bob Cobb
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m in. Thanks to all of you for being so welcoming to a newbie.

14NyquisT
    Participant

(raising hand to be be acknowledged) Brother Pugs…. Brother Pugs…. good idea with the brotherhood. That said, most of the quarrels are between the brothers. By the way… this brother thingy has nothing to do with monkdom, right? If it does my wifey won’t let me join.

14NyquisT
    Participant

OK bro Wiley after the 100 is fine with me.

ps. My wife won’t allow me to be any sort of geek either. But I know she’s wondering why I spend so much time on the business they call the St. Louis Cardinals.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Wiley … what do you think of adding a runner up to the 10 categories?

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Nyquist please explain to your wife that your vast knowledge and years of valuable experience as a Cardinal fan has made you an irreplaceable expert whose services are required to determine the ultimate answers to questions that will shape the Cardinal Nation for decades to come. My wife is still trying to figure out what the heck I’m talking about, but it’s bought me time.

NOTE: Discard the horn-rimmed glasses and pocket pen protector before addressing the wife or face her judgement that you have crossed over to the Geek side.

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Brother Ny, if you want to list runner-up or top three, that’s fine with me. Some, like the breakout player and most under-rated almost require you to list multiples. Up to you dude!

Brother Pads, I didn’t mean to suggest you wouldn’t, just that you have done your service to the rest of us and we shouldn’t burden you with more. That would be presumptuous to assume you would automatically want to provide additional time and effort. But partake in more, we couldn’t do it without you.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Wiley… I was thinking about throwing in all time favorite Cardinal player to make it more interesting.

If my wife considered me a geek she would have packed it in. After 41 years years she hasn’t… but there’s still hope. Oops, did I say that… ps, just kidding.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet! I think Wiley and Nyquist are on to something. I think it’s a great idea that all 20 of us address each other as “Brother _____”. After a while it will become routine. Already, just between Nyquist and Wiley, I see a wonderful camaraderie blossoming. As far as squabbles go, all brothers will have them. And when we do, we’ll let our fellow brothers duke it out. However if some troll drifts in and insults a fellow brother…..he won’t know what hit him!!

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Pugs, what if one of the brothers is actually a sister? Could make it awkward if we have this group hug you’re pushing for.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Then that “group hug” is all that much a tighter hug, Brother Wiley. We shall welcome any and all ladies with open arms…..as long as they too despise the ground that the cubbies walk on.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So, its been 2 days since the last vote was cast. Are we done here or we gonna keep going to 75? Then a runoff to 100?

Viewing 25 posts - 626 through 650 (of 737 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.