2017 MLB Game #86: Cards vs. Mets: Fri Jul 7

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #86: Cards vs. Mets: Fri Jul 7

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carlos Martinez (6-7, 3.15) vs. Jacob deGrom (8-3, 3.55) 7:15 p.m. FOX Sports Midwest

PadsFS
    Participant

This is a big series. Shouldn’t Fowler be coming off the DL today?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Definitely could use a bounce back start from Cmart. deGrom has pitched well of late and it wouldn’t be surprising to see a low scoring game.

NJ315
    Participant

Fowler back. Jose Martinez to Memphis.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is so unfair to Jose Martinez that it makes me sick.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How was Jose optioned? I thought he was out of options? I thought that is why he made the team out of ST

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

A player gets three option years after being placed on a 40-man roster. This would be the second option year for Jose. I’m assuming he wasn’t on a 40-man roster prior to the year we acquired him from KC.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Not really unfair for Martinez. He couldn’t play defense to save his life. While he could hit the ball he had no position in the field he played well. This was about the only move they could make at this time.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

We’ll see how long before Fowler goes down again. I sense a trend with him. I’m sure MM told J-Mart to stay ready.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos not really sharp early and gives up a couple runs.

Grichuk and Dejong with back to back jacks though…2-2.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

All Star Break coming just in time for Carlos, his last two starts have been bad

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Disagree completely. IMO, Martinez went down because he was the one that made the most sense to send down. They have to keep Tuivailala and Weaver because Lynn, Oh, and Rosenthal are trade bait, and they have to have pitchers ready to take their place, and also because Duke will be back soon and they need to have a player available to open up a roster spot. And they have to keep Brebbia because he has earned it so far just like Voit has. There’s no sense in sending Mejia down because they need his spot for Wong when he comes back. If Voit cools, and I’d love it if he never cools down…..but if Voit cools down, Maritnez will be back unless Bader just out classes him at AAA. Regardless, of what happens, it is ridiculous for a player with a bat like Jose Martinez’ to be in the minors.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

4 homers by the Cards and it’s not enough to get Cmart in line for the win. Really not Carlos’ best work. He needs some rest badly.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

John Brebbia. Two strikeouts to start the 6th. The Cardinals are at it again with the pixie dust.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Carpenter needs to sit if he is going to play defense like that, move your damn feet and get in front of the ball. Just a pathetic effort.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

How much longer are the Cardinals going to tolerate Martinez and his antics if he doesn’t start to pitch better? That goofing around all the time is all well and good – if you are performing and the team is doing well. But that act gets old in a hurry if things aren’t going well. Case in point, Brandon Phillips and the Reds.

r/Rat

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Great throw by Piscotty

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Time to call out Yadi on his lack of hustle to first. He was barely half way to first at the end of that dp. Gotta keep pressure on the defense to make the play. It’s the little things. Poor running on the bases + poor defense = lose the game.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

So much disappointment with these Cardinals. At times they look bad, other times they look like they don’t even try. Carpenter as 2B continues to be a really bad idea. The way he stabbed at that grounder brought back memories of coaching youth ball.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Still need the big hit.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And thus concludes the chances that they’ll finish the first half at .500. It’s bitterly disappointing to lose game after game with your supposed ace on the mound.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Coupled with the Brewers almost certain win, they’re going to be 6.5 games back after tonight. It’s very very close to time to sell and I think the FO knows it. If things stay stagnant a week after the break, I suspect they’re going to be looking to move guys.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Phillips played 11 years in Cincy so his “act” did not wear out quickly. He was an overpaid vet on a rebuilding team and was traded away at age 36 for the last year or two of his career. Not comparable to Martinez at all.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Martinez made the team out of camp because he thoroughly outplayed Pham. Not even close.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

I still fear that the front office will just do as they’ve always done, make some miniscule trade and try to act like it’s a big deal then say that getting guys back from injury is like a trade…I hope that I’m wrong about that but…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.