2017 MLB Game #157: Cards vs. Cubs Tue Sep 26

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #157: Cards vs. Cubs Tue Sep 26

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    forsch31
    Participant

Free

Even Cubs’ announcers said that Fowler looked casual on Happ’s fly ball that Contreras advanced to 2nd. That should not happen.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Dexter has that style where he looks like he is not going all out, but he is. On the triple, it looked like he was running at half speed, but he has those long strides and is a little deceiving.

But I will say that on that outfield play, I do not think he expected Contreras to run.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brewers win. Rockies ahead by six runs in the eighth.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

That was a bomb by Gyorko. Funny, as I said that one probably went 444 feet, and later Edmonds guessed the same number.

Grichuk looks about as good as I have seen him at the plate. Looks confident, and has stayed on the pitches rather than pull away as he does so much.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Curious move here, bringing in a righty to face Heyward. Lyons did hit a guy then walk a guy, but he should be able to arve up Heyward with that curve.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

And just as I send that, Heyward jacks one! Did not understand that one at all.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Nicasio has to get four outs and protect what is now a one-run lead.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Sheesh, this is getting tight. Man, you had the two lefties coming up and took out Lyons for a righty. Why wasn’t Sherriff ready?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Seems like Lyons may have lost some confidence of the staff. He gave up a run both times he faced the Cubs last series. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Still, the lefties pounded Brebbia.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Still you’re up 8-3, so Lyons has some breathing room and you have two lefties due up. If anything, I would think you might summon Sherriff if you are going to make a change. Maybe they do not have confidence in him either.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I hope they are not micro-managing by a handful of prior pitcher vs. hitter at-bats. Maybe someone will ask in the post-game about the factors behind the pitching decisions.

Pham pulled from the game. Speculation his ribs may be sore due to the HBP last time through the order.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Would have mich preferred Pham up there with two on than Piscotty. Hopefully nothing serious from that HBP.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Left the bases loaded in the bottom of the eighth. They could really have used an insurance run or two.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cubs will have to buy more ice to keep that champagne cold for at least another day. Cards win 8-7.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Wow, great game. Would have been nice to not let them back in it, but Nicasio was tough. We’re probably about done with the Brewers and Rockies both winning, but at least tonight we had what it takes.

bccran
    Participant

Keeping on winning. That’s all you can do.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

The Cubs clinched the central against STL in 2008i believe.

The Cardinals one may have been one of those where we played and had to wait deep into the night and celebrated the next day at Wrigley. Something wierd like that…

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.