2017 MLB Game #148: Cards at Cubs Sat Sep 16

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #148: Cards at Cubs Sat Sep 16

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Firing Matheny would be a good start.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

You see what the main difference in the offense between the 2 teams. They’ve got 2 middle of the order bats and we’ve got none.

We have got to get a legit slugger next season and fix the bullpen a bit.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Once we can do what booyah states… you may not feel like we don’t have to do what Black Hills says.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep, Matheny pulls a few head scratchers, but the bigger problem the last couple of years has been Mo. I don’t think any manager could’ve pushed this roster to the World Series. Mo needs to fill actual needs for a change next year with a couple players of real impact — no more ludicrous contracts for marginal guys. No more excuses either about trying hard but coming up short. Nobody said it was easy. If it was easy, they wouldn’t pay him millions. Expectations are challenging, but legitimate. This is going to be his year to put up or shut up.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Here’s my take.

It won’t matter who the Cards can get because Matheny is still going to be the manager. I truly believe if we had someone with experience we would have won at least one championship and possible two. From 2012 to 2015 Matheny made some of the worst playoff moves when it came to the bullpen, lineup and pinch hitters. He never learns from past mistakes. I don’t believe Matheny will ever win here in St. Louis.

NJ315
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.