2017 MLB Game #122: Cards at Pirates Fri Aug 18

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #122: Cards at Pirates Fri Aug 18

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carlos Martinez (9-9, 3.56) vs. RHP Trevor Williams (5-5, 4.19) 6:05 p.m. FOX Sports Midwest

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carpenter 1B
    Pham LF
    DeJong SS
    Fowler CF
    Molina C
    Gyorko 3B
    Wong 2B
    Grichuk RF
    Martinez P

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Martinez, along with all of his antics, needs to be on top of his game tonight to keep from losing ground. Cubs have a 7-4 lead in the last of the 8th at Wrigley against Toronto.

r/Rat

bccran
    Participant

Hope they play tight defense behind him, and the bullpen is solid.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards lead 5-2 heading into the third.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Top of the 4th and we’re up 7-2, two on and no outs…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

From Rob Rains:

Tonight is first time #STLCards have home runs from 1st, 2nd and 3rd spots in batting order since May 28, 2013 at KC.

Cards lead 7-2 in the fourth.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Top of the 8th and we’re leading 11-3…

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Will someone please tell Mike Matheny to take Mayers out of the game before it’s too late. Geez.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Top of the 9th now and Cardinals leading 11-8…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

TexasCard
    Will someone please tell Mike Matheny to take Mayers out of the game before it’s too late. Geez.

Let me add to that. Will someone please tell Mo that bringing Mayers up for the 5th time in a little over a year was not a good idea. Hopefully he’s paying attention tonight.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Yes that too Euro.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Score is 11-8 with one out in the ninth and Bowman has walked two. Game has gotten crazy. Can’t believe Matheny let Mayers soil on the mound so long. This would be the biggest Pirates comeback in history on the Cardinals short list for most embarrassing losses.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is very painful to watch!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Bowman is melting down out there with a HBP to load the bases. Matheny out to yank him, Duke coming in.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh my! Say it ain’t so!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Duke doesn’t do his job either and walks Bell. Matheny going with Oh now. Still can’t believe he let Mayers face 7 batters when it was pretty obvious after 2 and painfully clear after 3 that he had no business on the mound.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

If Oh throws one more ball he’ll walk in their 10th run…

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Freese hits a sacrifice fly and with two outs in the bottom of the 9th we’re now only up 11-10, with runners on second and third…

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thank God! That was unbelievable!

Cardinal25
    Participant

Free

A win is a win, but yikes!

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

UGLY.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Oh saves the Cardinals from what would’ve been an epic loss with a strikeout to end it. Mayers has got to go. You know there are better options. Is Mo serious about winning baseball games? He’s been a big zero for quite a while now.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Presently, this team does not have a closer. There is no such thing as ‘closer by committee’. Its possible for a closer to emerge from the rubble of this wreck of a bullpen. But if one doesn’t, I don’t think we have a realistic chance of making the postseason. Rosenthal was great for awhile and the bullpen came together, and became good. Now he’s questionable and the bullpen is a disaster.

I don’t get why Mayers keeps getting the call. He has been ineffective too many times already. I wonder who keeps telling MM to bring Mayers up. Or is MM doing this on his own? Socolovich makes more sense than Mayers. Then, there is Montgomery and Sherriff who have been relieving for years. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that MM made the call for Mayers because when we see a boneheaded, feckless, irrational move happen, MM is usually the one who is responsible for it.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

If you’re the ownership and have seen the way things have gone down recently. How can you not make a waiver claim for a bullpen arm? I refuse to believe he bowtie can’t get something done.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.