2017 MLB Game #119: Cards at Red Sox Tue Aug 15

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #119: Cards at Red Sox Tue Aug 15

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    colhusker
    Participant

Free

Leake just is not very good. Another start, another large run game against him.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Oops sorry ended up as a double post

GACard
    Participant

Free

Haha I always check out the board but recently had to join to view. Figured I might as well post

bccran
    Participant

Leake and Cecil were bad signings.
    Poor ROI. They need to be moved on. Not Cardinal stock.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Reds hang on – barely – to beat the Cubs 2-1. Jay and Avila strikeout with runners at the corners and one out to end it.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Did Cecil pitch yesterday? In a blowout why not throw him a couple innings and save Bowman or Brebbia. It’s Taylor made for his skill set.

GACard
    Participant

Free

+1 on Leake bccran. I hate Cecil now but he could end up being great next year (trying to be positive). We needed a signing at the time of leake because of uncertainty (that ended up turning out ok) but shouldn’t have gone the leake direction. Should’ve gone short term veteran or all in. Knock Price but I’d rather be sitting with that contract and a prospect starting when he’s out

PadsFS
    Participant

Bw52

Danny Jackson was a bad signing.Tino Martinez was a bad signing.Bob Horner was a bad signing.Minnie Minoso was a bad trade.So I don’t consider Leake a bad signing.Fowler was a bad signing IMHO.Way overpaid when cheaper options could have been signed.

Just for the record, Fowler has a 118 wRC+/OPS+ ~ .258/.358/.484/.842 line this year. Yeah, he’s really hurting us.

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

At what point do the Cards realize they cannot keep running this BP pitcher out there?

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.