2017 MLB Game #112: Cards at Royals Mon Aug 7

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #112: Cards at Royals Mon Aug 7

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carlos Martinez (7‐9, 3.59) vs. Jason Vargas (13‐5, 3.10) 7:15 p.m. FOX Sports Midwest

NJ315
    Participant

Fowler back….Piscotty to Memphis

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Piscotty to Memphis? Should have been done awhile back. Maybe this will send a message to some of the others that aren’t performing.

By the way, how is Diaz doing at Memphis? Last I heard about a month ago he was doing lousy, only hitting about .217.

r/Rat

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Diaz at Memphis (22 games)

— First 8 games: 171/167/343/510

— Last 14 games: 365/411/558/969

bccran
    Participant

Diaz will be back. Wish the answer was simple. If he stays hot, do you give him his position back in St. Louis?
    How about having both Diaz and DeJong on the left side of the IF going into the future? The D boys.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

“The D boys”? They are a long ways from earning that nickname.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Diaz will be back. Wish the answer was simple. If he stays hot, do you give him his position back in St. Louis?
    How about having both Diaz and DeJong on the left side of the IF going into the future? The D boys.

I would be willing to bring Diaz back and playing Gyorko, DeJong, Diaz and Wong on rotating basis. Wong should get most of the playing time based on his season. The hot hitters play a little more. Use them in positions that maximize their chances to succeed.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I guess it all depends on how Dejong is playing.

And I don’t want to hear anything about giving someone a position who was demoted to Memphis. Diaz plate discipline sucked all year and just cause he’s raking now doesn’t mean his approach has changed.

We waste a lead off double by Carpenter. I’ll bet with our outburst yesterday we will struggle to get any runs in this series. Boy would a guy like Jay Bruce be nice to have the last 50 games of the season.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Are you saying that players can’t adapt? Diaz hit well last year and overall in 2015. If he has adjusted and is hitting again, I would love to have him playing SS in St. Louis. Not every game, but most of them. DeJong can play SS, 3B and 2B. Maybe Diaz plays SS, 3B and 2B. It would be a nice problem to find playing time for several players that can play multiple positions well and hit well.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Game tied 1-1 after 2 innings. Fowler (welcome back) scores after tripling and a sac fly by Wong. Moustakas hit a solo HR to tie.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Anything be else watching on MLB.tv? My feed is all messed up. Can’t get it to work on Apple TV or iPhone

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Bottom of the 4th now and we’re up 7 to 1…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, MLB.tv is a mess tonight. I switched to radio.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Anything be else watching on MLB.tv?

Working fine for me (chrome browser on PC laptop and android phone).

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I went back to TV. The video quality is dialed down, but it is at least not jumping around and looping the third inning over and over.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wong with a 2-run shot, Cards up 9-2 in the 8th.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Second game in a row of big offense after a long, dry spell. If they could sustain this output…

Assuming they win, they will have reached .500 for the first time in over two months.

Brianpnoonan
    Participant

Free

We have a very light schedule for a while… Regardless of any feelings about the deadline I think we could make a run for a while

858booyah
    Participant

Free

It was freezing up early then I switched to my phone and it did the same thing. Went back to the tablet and it started looping. IT’s doing it for the Milwaukee game.

Anyway good win for the team. It would be great to get a win tomorrow and get a lil run going to put pressure on them to make a move. Right now just get the W on Tuesday. One game at a time.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

He had most of the season in the big leagues to adapt his approach and he didn’t. Now he see’s the light after Paul Dejong has taken his position over with force. Now that out of desperation. Like Grichuk he’s playing he way out of Memphis but is he playing because he’s changes his ways or out of fear?

Diaz will see this roster in September. He may very well play a bit but you don’t mess with a good thing and Dejong for all his free swinging ways along with Pham is saving this team from being a complete disaster. I’d like to see those 2 in the lineup the rest of the way.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.