2017 MLB Game #111: Cards at Reds Sun Aug 6

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #111: Cards at Reds Sun Aug 6

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I need to get out in the yard more often. Cards have exploded.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Is it okay to scoreboard watch now? Brewers and Cubs in tie games. Pirates up by two.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Now I recall why I kept working instead of retiring.

bccran
    Participant

Fun to watch Cecil at the plate.
    7th plate appearance in an 11 year professional career. First plate appearance in 5 years. He was robbed of a hit by the second baseman on a rocket to RF.
    Classic.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The years are flying by. Letterman is 70 now.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Reds announcers commented on how Cecil looked comfortable swinging the bat.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Souza hits walkoff HR in the 9th to beat the Brewers.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

First road series win since April (vs Brewers) according to Ken Horton. Need a few more of those.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Now it looks like the Cubs will lose to the Nats. Nats piled in on late. Pirates lost their lead too, and are now in extra innings with the Pads. Good day for the Cards.

wagee12
    Participant

Chubbs yield grand salmi in the top of the eighth and lose to Nats 9-4.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Wow how is this team under .500 starting the second week of August and only 3.5 out of first in the division. Good win today. Baseball can be a funny game sometimes.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, Letterman is looking old. I like the original Angels hat the guy to the left of Letterman is wearing. I still think those hats blow away the current one, and that the Angels should go back to it.

So we outscore the Redlegs by 12 in the series, yet only win 2 of 3. It’s just been that kind of year.

Jose Martinez reminds me a bit of Jesus Alou, who is probably not remembered by anyone here. Alou had a real herky-jerky approach to hitting, fidgeting and moving his head all around, but when the camera would do a freeze-frame of him when the bat met the ball, his head was right on the ball.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Jose Martinez reminds me a bit of Jesus Alou, who is probably not remembered by anyone here.

Bonus points if we remember him and the fact that he and his two brother are the only three brothers to hit in the same half inning?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The Alou brothers (Felipe, Matty & Jesus) also had a few innings with the Giants where they combined to play all three OF positions simultaneously.

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.